CloudGate offers a Warranty Service on CloudGate devices purchased from CloudGate Authorized Distributors/Resellers. For end user product returns, please follow the return policy of the original seller. If you cannot get assistance from the original seller, feel free to contact CloudGate directly for help, our contact details are on our website www.cloudgate.co.za.
CloudGate may update the terms and conditions of its Warranty Service from time to time. Please refer to the latest version published on the CloudGate website (www.cloudgate.co.za) for your specific CloudGate product
During the Warranty Period, should your CloudGate product(s) fail under normal use in the recommended environment due to improper workmanship or materials, CloudGate will provide a Warranty Service pursuant to the following terms and conditions (the “Warranty Service”).
- The standard Warranty Period is one year from date of purchase from the Authorised Distributor/Reseller. Proof of the original purchase date is required for this Warranty Service to be honoured.
- CloudGate will inspect the product and in its sole discretion repair or replace it with a new or a refurbished product. CloudGate may also provide a functionally equivalent replacement, or refund or credit the current value of the product at the time the warranty claim is made. The decision made by CloudGate shall be final and binding upon the customer.
- Any products or accessories not returned by the customer, and that are needed to be replaced for the purpose of carrying out this Warranty Service, are considered the property of CloudGate and shall not be returned to the customer.
- CloudGate may refuse to provide inspection, repair or replacement service for products that are out of the Warranty Period and will bill the customer for out of warranty repair or replacement service (if provided).
- The new, refurbished or functionally equivalent product provided by CloudGate under the Warranty Service will be warrantied for the remainder of the original Warranty Period.
- It is a “carry in” warranty i.e. the customer is responsible for the delivery and collection of the product to and from the service centre, and all associated costs thereto.
- CloudGate is not responsible for items being lost or damaged during the shipping process.
- CloudGate strongly suggests that the product be transported by using sturdy boxes and bubble wrapping. If the items are transported through the postal or a courier service, the customer is required to cover any applicable freight and insurance costs.
- CloudGate’s liability shall not exceed the purchase price of the product paid by the customer.
- This Warranty Service only applies to the CloudGate product itself and excludes Additional Parts. “Additional Parts” shall mean additional items included with the CloudGate product, such as card adapters, mounting brackets, cables, earphones, power adapters, remote controls, and batteries.
- The Warranty Service does not cover any software or digital content or applications used in conjunction with the product, or its updated/upgraded versions thereof.
- CloudGate does not provide installing or testing services on the product as part of the Warranty Service.
- This Warranty Service does not apply to any inaccessible or lost data or any product failure caused by any force majeure event, accident, abuse, mishandling or improper usage (including the use contrary to the product description or instructions, outside the scope of the product’s intended use, for tooling or testing purposes, or product modification), alteration of components/accessories, abnormal mechanical or environmental conditions (including prolonged exposure to humidity or extreme temperature), acts of nature, improper installation (including connection to incompatible equipment), problems with electrical power (including undervoltage, overvoltage, power supply instability, or lithium batteries being charged for too long), abnormal internet connection or other similar factors.
- Damage or alterations to warranty, quality or authenticity stickers, product serial numbers, electronic codes or otherwise unauthorized repairs or modifications, or any physical damage to the product or unauthorized opening of (or tampering with) the product casing will void this Warranty Service.
- This Warranty Service shall not apply to the transferees of the products and/or anyone who stands to profit from this Warranty Service without CloudGate’s prior written authorization.
- CloudGate reserves the right to salvage or destroy any devices/equipment that is not collected within 14 days of resolution.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, CLOUDGATE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INFRINGEMENT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: LOST PROFITS, LOST BUSINESS INVESTMENTS, LOST GOODWILL, OR DAMAGES AS A RESULT OF LOST PASSWORDS OR LOST DATA.
- CLOUDGATE SHALL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DEFECT, DAMAGE OR DATA LOSS ARISING FROM THE DELIVERY OF REPAIRED/REPLACED DEVICES.
- CLOUDGATE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FAILURE OF ANY THIRD-PARTY EQUIPMENT CONNECTED TO OR USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE PRODUCT.
- CLOUDGATE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF ANY PROGRAM OR DATA STORED ON THE FAILED PRODUCT AND SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA RECOVERY, BACKUP, OR ANY CHARGE(S) ARISING THEREFROM. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU REGULARLY BACK UP ALL DATA FROM THE PRODUCT.
- CLOUDGATE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH OR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES TO PROPERTY ARISING FROM THE PRODUCT BEING USED IN A SITUATION WHICH PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH IS LIKELY TO OCCUR, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO MEDICAL OR MEDICAL-RELATED EQUIPMENT, MILITARY OR MILITARY-RELATED EQUIPMENT, TRAFFIC CONTROL EQUIPMENT, AIRCRAFT, NUCLEAR ENERGY SYSTEM, CONBUSTION CONTROL SYSTEM, AND DISASTER PREVENTION SYSTEMS.
- CLOUDGATE MAY, FROM TIME TO TIME, AND FOR THE SAKE OF PRODUCT IMPROVEMENT PURPOSES, CHANGE PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS AND/OR PRODUCT APPEARANCE WITHOUT NOTICE.